View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #148
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So...in your definition, if I have a spare Kindle and loan it out to my mother with a couple hundred books on it for her to read that is somehow different from making a copy of a specific book and then loading it onto my mother's kindle? Incidentally, that first scenario is perfectly allowable under Amazon's Terms of Service. Also, now that Amazon has given us the ability to turn off access to the store and the archives, this is a scenario that I can see happening in the future--and it may be a way for smaller libraries to get around using Overdrive. Buy twenty $69 kindles, attach them to an Amazon account, and loan them out to people.

Shari
It's piracy if you do it outside the terms of the way that the content is licensed to be used, and if you read the Kindle "Terms and Conditions", you'll see that what you postulate is not permitted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote