View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
LOL, I hear that! We did an 1800-page (in print) medical textbook this past year--took nearly 4 months, with all the proofing and the back and forth with the client, and MOMMA, talk about footnotes! Footnotes and charts, with--wait for it--aqua chapter headers. I was sweatin' that one for a while. Came out great, but...man.

@ElMiko: Amen!

Hitch
I believe that I got you beat in the number-of-links department

Last year I produced a french grammar reference, at a total of 200k words, with 1123 sections and subsections, 5600 real-life examples, and more than 4100 cross-references (which of course needed to be links in the epub). I wrote some Javascript to do most of the heavy lifting with generating links in Indesign, but that was some file. The end result was very usable, though, and it's probably the one epub I've made that I'm most proud of.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote