Thread: Silliness Do you ever get confused ...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Do you ever get confused ...

... with the ebooks you're reading?

I started to re-read The Hobbit today before the glorious peace was shattered with a major meltdown by my daughter. After the tantrum was over and I went back to my reading, I was more than a little puzzled to find a minor expletive. Hubby was also confused by this strange addition. I muttered that it was meant to be a children's book before reading just a little further to be met by an F-Word in The Hobbit!!!

Anyway at this point all sorts of things were going through my head, including the thought that I'd somehow got a 'bum' copy even though I'd just bought it from WHSmiths.

A few minutes later I realised that I wasn't reading The Hobbit - just before my daughter had her tantrum, I'd switched books and was reading Gordon Ramsey's Playing with Fire!

Hubby and I were in stitches when I confessed how silly I'd been. You may wonder how I could have mixed the two books up but I'd just got to the part in The Hobbit where Bilbo Baggins was entertaining Dwarves and serving them with food which was related to what I was also reading in the Gordon Ramsey book.

Anyone else done this or similar?
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote