Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #291
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnider123 View Post
That's what I was thinking too ???? Either wifi or maybe it's linking by BT to my cell phone. I have disabled both the WIFI and BT on it for the drive back home. It will be interesting to see the results IMHO

Google takes networking information from devices that DO have GPS and uses that to make a map of physical locations based on network information. In other words it may identify an IP address in the traffic routing from a GPS phone as being a MacDonalds restaurant at... 4th and Main. Then that same phone immediately accesses a cell phone tower so Google remembers that the cell tower must be near that MacDonalds.

Then later on when you connect through either that wifi network or that cell tower Google can pinpoint your location as being at or near 4th and Main even though you don't have GPS.

I think you'd fall dead if you knew even a small percentage of the information that Google collects on us all...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote