View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #12
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I have been hooking my JBL up to the data cable when changing battery's. Keeps it from running out of power, so the recent readings, bookmarks stay current, etc.

Yes you can get replacement Li-ion battery kit for regular Jetbook. But as I remember it was over 30$ and you have to open up the jetbook to do it.

Also my Jetbook battery life was getting shorter and shorter. I was down to 10 - 14 hours and dropping. It had only 6-8 months of wear on it. So I know I'm going to be looking for a new battery for that one in the near future.

At 3-500 charge cycles for the life of the Li-ion battery I bet I had over 200 charges on it in that 8 months. (Yes I read a LOT, and I didn't always charge it when the warning first popped up like I should have)

Last, while you can technically read with it while plugged in, the usb connect on my jetbook tends to be a bit on the "touchy" side about maintaining contact.

Every time I tried to read and charge at the same time I'd end up screwing up the works and would have to reset to get it back charging.

Possibly shouldn't be that way, but that is the way it was.

The good news is my daughter is loving the Jetbook (She's using my old one) and she's actually READING (didn't think we'd ever see that happen).

So all in all, both have been good investments IMO.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote