Thread: MobileRead May 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #32
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I just put a hold on The Dinner at my library. Thanks, Issybird.

I love this month. Like Jon who would like to read and discuss science fiction every month I would love to do the same with mysteries. Patricia Highsmith was a wonderful writer of psychological mysteries, as was Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine. Highsmith's The Talented Mr. Ripley (1955) was a successful film starring Matt Damon that was released in 1999. I recommend everything that Lisa See writes.

I'm not so crazy over psychological mysteries since they give me nightmares. I really hate to be inside the head of people who do and rationalize evil (Humbert Humbert and Mr. Ripley can seriously disturb your sleep for a long time). I like flawed sleuths hunting out and removing evil against all odds. It probably all started in childhood with Robin Hood and Zorro.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote