View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

1) Amazon has the ability to delete books from your Kindle. Ectaco and PocketBook do not with their products.
Yes, this did happen but Jeff Bezos publicly apologized for Amazon's error in judgment and compensated all who were effected. The press was so bad over this that Amazon would be stupid to do it again. IMO (the only one I can give), this argument is no longer valid.

Quote:
2) Amazon stores your books, notes and bookmarks on their computers. Ectaco and PocketBook do not.
Some would consider this a plus. And since only the person who owns the account can access them, I'm not sure why you think this is a problem. I'd be more concerned about message board posts and cell phone text messages.

Quote:
3) Amazon sells books with a DRM that can only be read on a Kindle. Ectaco and PocketBook are not so linked with a bookseller.
If you have a Kindle that's not a problem. If you have a Kindle and another device, there are ways to circumvent the DRM if you choose and are comfortable.

Quote:
4) Amazon promises to provide the Whispernet service to Kindle customers at no charge in perpetuity. Ectaco and PocketBook provide no such service, and promise nothing in perpetuity.
This is bad how? The "no charge" in perpetuity relates to book downloads and Wikipedia. Other Whispnet usage may incur charges.

[/QUOTE]

It's really in the way you look at things. From your point of view the Kindle doesn't work. There are so many choices and more to come, so nearly everyone can find something that works for them. The Kindle works for me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote