Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #913
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
How to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I find your database size very strange. I have around 1800 books on my Aura right now using around 1.4GB and the database is around 80MB. This is about a week after doing a factory reset when removing a couple of tweaks.

As an experiment, can you copy the database to your computer and then use SQLite Database Browser or similar to compact the database and see what size reduction (if any) occurs?

Last time I did this, my database was in the 90MB range and it shrank to 83MB so I'm curious as to what your database will do.

Regards,
David
Dear David,
I have some 1800 books on my Aura too (with only 1 Gb available because I have many "complete works", and a number of illustrated books), but my sqlite database weighs 262Mo. I wonder whether this would be why the Aura is much slower than it was, and why communication with Calibre is so heavy (some 3 minutes to send metadata to the reader). So I'm very interested in compacting the database, and I downloaded the program you indicated but I can't find a user's guide, and have no idea how to compact. Do you know where I can find a guide?
Regards, anacreon
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote