Thread: PRS-T2 A Little Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #19
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Answer is very simple... we want a pocket library NOT a pocket book... I don't want to choose what I feel like reading before I go anywhere, I want to choose my reading when I'm ready to read... and I have 25K items on my Sony with no problems at all but I also choose to stick with dedicated eReaders (505, 600, 650) all using PRS+ and at one books a day that would take me 68.5 years to go but you're assuming everything is some huge standard book length... I've got lots of short stories and books and read multiples in a day so it's not going to take that long... and I'm not too worried about reading everything I have, I just grab anything that I might enjoy reading, doesn't mean I have to read it but does give me the choice... I'm also planning on taking my eReader(s) with me...
I like to read in bed, on the bus etc. At 1AM I do not want to get out of bed to sideload or browse for something to read for just a little while longer.

It is a luxury for me to always have many choices.

A month or so back I put as many books (some audio) as would fit in main memory just to see how it handled them. Seems fine, maybe slower maybe not.

I have had far fewer crashes and random page turns since. Coincidence probably, or maybe because I just use charger now.

Sorry was on T1

Last edited by speakingtohe; 09-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote