View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Yes, I have a pagebreak before every chapter and before each front-matter "page." They work fine on the epub, both as uploaded to the Kindle plaatform and to Barnes & Noble.

"cost me some effort" -- what effort? It's already there in the underlying html file that I prepare for the Kindle edition.

I find it hard to believe that a plain-vanilla e-ink Kindle is all that much more sophisticated than the other readers out there. My Kindles don't have any problem with even the biggest of my books, say a 400KB html file and six or ten 127KB jpegs.
The limit is on a single section of a EPUB, not the whole book.
I have 5+ Meg books that work just fine.
The other limit is too many pieces (images) caused the NCX to be huge (relativly)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote