View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
martine
Tina
martine began at the beginning.

Device: hibook, palm, sony
Any books available in the public domain, may be shared. Other books are copyrighted to the author, whether they are still available for sale or not, and it is a violation of that copyright to share such a book with others. e books are great, but there is the danger of mega piracy, which many of us e book publishers have been fighting for some years. Usually, these books are posted on obscure sites. We have been able to have many of them removed, but it's difficult to keep track of. Authors will more than often contact me if they find their book for sale somewhere and ask me if it's a legal site. Since Mobipocket and Fictionwise have many affiliates, their books will show up on a lot of sites. As the publisher, I can track down if it's a legal site or not. e book authors do such searches and have found many pirated books this way. Since e books are electronic and sold worldwide via the internet, copyright law applies to all countries, not just the country where the book is published. Of course, a publisher could encrypt and password protect e books.

Tina
Publisher www.extasybooks.com
Devine Destinies (mainstream imprint opening soon)
martine is offline   Reply With Quote