View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I've never been to a con. I'm sure I wasted close to 1500 to go to Cali. But we'll see next month. I've been in such a rut lately personally and professionally. To get out of the house and even out of this shit state would be a blessing. At this point, I'd probably be willing to pay twice that much more for a break in scenery. =)

As I've said before, I'm going in with an open mind. While I'm sure a con would be a great place to speak to authors. But with the hustle and bustle that goes on at other conventions, I think time would be fleeting at best. I've listened to Sanderson's podcasts before and he's a pretty good speaker. That was pretty much the selling point. Since I'm not Mormon or in Utah, going to BYU would be impossible at best. So, I guess this is the closest thing I can to reliving my college years and taking more writing related classes.

Don't get me wrong, I majored in Journalism/Public Relations, but this is...different. The story building class seems like it'll be a fun snowball experience. It looks like the instructor takes something and then the rest of the class builds onto it until it's a living breathing world.

Quote:
Brainstorming Improv: Real-Time Creation of a Story
An interactive audience experience where the Superstar authors guide you through plotting and brainstorming to come up with story after story.
And the price that they're charging now is absolutely insane. I'd actually be willing to bet that the first seats sold at like $300 and then went up from there. But, you gotta fill a hall.

I couldn't get K to agree to let me out and play by myself at a con. And she refuses to join me....so this one will be me by myself in a hotel for 3 days. No girlfriend. No cats.

Bliss.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote