View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #25775
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill, but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve
of destruction.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opB-spQKUhw )

They say something written that is timeless is a 'classic.' This song from 1965 written by P. F. Sloan and recorded by Barry McGuire is certainly as true today as it was 48 years ago... Unfortunately. I received a flash warning from the US Consulate here to be extra vigilante as there is a new and credible threat warning from Al Quaeda... What a world....

Good morning, everyone. I'm drinking my new English Breakfast tea and eating buttered multi-grain bread from a local bakery today as it's the Food Lady's day of rest. Not nearly as much fun as good Thai food, but delicious none the less. In Japan the only way I could get good bread was to bake it myself. Here in Thailand, the French influence from the Indo-China days is quite obvious, especially in the bakeries. I can get warm baguettes, fresh croissants, brioche, and all the goodies one would expect to find in a good French bakery. Makes for a pleasant Sunday morning! Especially beside a mug of really good tea!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote