View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #14610
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
The Wise Man's Fear was great too. Heh, could it be crammed any fuller? I didn't like it quite as much as The Name of the Wind, which just took me by storm. In this second book in the series, there were some very strong parts though that made up for the more uneven parts. I like the world; it's realistic (for a fantasy world), vivid and...gritty, and I love the character of Kvothe, a hero who loves learning, who is artistic, and who makes mistake after mistake unlike many heroes. The author has a knack for storytelling and I like and respect the overall dark and adult tone he's taken with what could've easily been a lighter, more kiddish type of tale, especially since the main character is still in his teens after two books. Can't wait to read the third book, though I'm not sure when I'll get to it...
I had this on my list for this year as well, but unlike you I won't actually get to it.

I too loved the first one, but I have to admit that I've been put off reading the second one because it's so huge. I've really got to read at least one of my bigger books next year or otherwise they will just never be read.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote