View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I too have and continue to have the same problems - refer to the thread "PE - WiFi will not connect ( 1 2) " which gave me excellent help. I stoke the folkes that do give the help becasue they provide it whith no strings and I can only say thank you. Anyway, back to the thread. When the problem shows up on my PE there is no wifi icon shown at the top right of my screen this is what I do to get connected again.
1. Click settings
2. Click Network Controls
3. Click Wi-Fi settings
4. In my case I will have same network name displayed twice, one pasworded and the other open.Lets call them ABCD.
a. I click on the lowest ABDC and select "Forget Network"
b. As fast as I can go I go to the remaining ABCD and click on it. I then select "Connect to Network." Usually I then get connected.

If I am not fixed, I power down and startup again.
Notes - the first ABCD is an open open network (the first one that I click and selected "forget network." The second ABCD, at the top of the list, is WAP passworded.

The problem, as I see it, is that the "Forget Network" is not the same as "delete network" and I don't kow how to get into the files to delete one of the two ABCDs.

Richard

Last edited by Richard443; 07-24-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Clarified network name.
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote