View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Heya...I am in HK, a recently relocated NYCer with many decades of travel to HK.

Don't hold your breath for eink ebook readers in HK. The selection is pitiful from all I have [not] seen here.

With the exception of Chinese branded Hanvon devices [and a single white Kindle sighting], I have seen no ebook readers anywhere in HK. Not in any of the major electronics shops [Fortress, Broadway], nor even in the tech paradise centers in Wanchai or Sham Sui Po. Sony readers are nowhere to be found even in the largest authorized Sony dealers/retailers I have visited.

Reason: I am told most people who read in HK simply use their iPhones/iPads/Galaxy Tabs/whatever to read instead.

This dearth of eink ebook devices is exactly why I purchased a Kindle3 Wifi from Amazon in the States and had my family bring it over to HK last week.

Tablets? Hell yes, more than you can imagine. Cell phones, smartphones...absolutely. E-ink readers from multiple manufacturers? Nope.

sorry, but hopes this helps to shape your expectations a bit...
cheers,
-les
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote