View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #34
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I can't necessarily fault anybody for this, because it all written, but please, for the love of the Elder Gods:

'oh' is a letter. ZERO is a NUMBER.
I thought "oh", amongst other things, was what my loved one said when I shouted out "Help! I'm stuck in the Time Machine again" (and by "Time Machine" I mean "Washing Machine". A man can dream, can't he?), however, who am I to argue with a Great Old One, no matter how cute the avatar.

Quote:
Also, can we revert to tom-foolery? All the semiotic makes my neurons ache.
I don't know who this Tom fella is (I know a Tom O'Bedlam - nice chap, keeps trying to lick the back of his own head), but I prefer the ordinary kind of foolery; the kind you have to shout to be heard over all the voices in your head.

Quote:
WRT 'pads,' Did Greg Bear use the notion of an Uber PDA "Pad" in any books beyond Slant ? That seems like a darned handy device, whatever the heck it was.
I tend to think that "touch screen" is likely to become more common in these devices. If so, they're more likely to have a stylus come with them too. As such, the idea of them being named a "pad" might be something they evolve towards.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote