View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #55
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehbaurd View Post
After dismal failure of my laptop to boot from the ISO I have got Kubrick working under VirtualBox with extensions as far as the fastboot screen but am stuck at "Waiting for Device". Although my KT is showing up as a USB device but I get an error message that VB can't connect it to the host as the KT is busy with another request. I'd be so grateful if you have any guidance.
My host OS is Linux thus I don't have any experience with running VirtualBox on Windows.
I suppose that you tried to check the device in VirtualBox USB device list after booting to fastboot mode.
If that gives you the error you mentioned then I guess some driver/app holds the ownership of the fastboot USB device and you need to convince Windows to get their hands off the Kindle in fastboot mode somehow.
In Linux I'd just rmmod the driver but in Windows ... who knows.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote