View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #951
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My trainer told me that he would smack me if he saw me working out reading or texting or talking on the phone. I cannot get in the work out that I want when doing that and I know that. But I agree with Barcey, it is better to get something in then nothing. The people who I know who are trying to lose weight tend not to do those things at the gym.

I do see some pretty overweight people at the gym reading when working out on a machine and I know that it is not the best for them but if it is helping them get in the habit of going then good for them. If it helps them start to get in better shape so they can do more, then good for them. At the very least, it is time that they are not sitting on a couch snacking while watching TV or reading then great.

I am working really hard on not judging people. I find that it has become a struggle since I lost my weight. My judgment is not that someone looks unattractive but that they are not being healthy and that is going to hurt them and their family. It really drives me nuts to see parents who are so overweight because it sets an awful example for their kids and it limits what they can do with their kids. I am working on reminding myself that everyone has to live their life how they are comfortable with it and that it would not be hard for me to put the 50 pounds I lost back on.

I never voice this judgment, it is an internal dialogue but it is not really all that healthy and I know that.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote