View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #45
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
You are obviously very upset that I don't make the same purchasing decisions that you make
How'd you get that? I'm refuting the statement that there is no valid reason for ebook to cost as much as paperbacks.

Quote:
If people are willing to pay more for the e-book than for the paper book, then publishers will continue to charge more for the e-book. Conversely, if people are not willing to pay more for the e-book than for the paper book, publishers will not charge more.
And ebooks are selling well. Lots of people seem to see the value.

Quote:
By declining to pay more for the e-book, I am casting a vote for lower prices.
And by buying ebooks that I want, I'm casting my vote for authors and publishers to offer more ebooks like those I want at a price I find acceptable.

Quote:
Given that the majority of e-books cost less than the paper copy, a lot of other people are making similar purchasing decisions.
No telling from that. Those books may have sold if they were priced higher.

Quote:
that doesn't indicate a flaw in my reasoning.
No flaw in not buying something you feel is priced too high. I'm all for lower prices, as long as quality doesn't degrade with it.
But I've been pointing out the flaws in your reasoning for making that judgement based on price of a paperback.

Not trying to say at all that you can't make a decision based on flawed reasoning. Nothing personal.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote