View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #35
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I just did a "revised edition" with CreateSpace (for no cost) that cleaned up a few grammatical errors. The only down side was that the print copy was unavailable for about twelve hours. Perhaps the cost you are referring to are the errors within the so-called "first" edition?
I chose not to use CreateSpace for POD because they don't print in Australia (and for various other reasons discussed in other threads relating to my location and getting paid and tax etc.). I went with Lightning Source instead and they have an upload/submission fee and a printed proof-copy fee (required for your first book, but optional on subsequent books).

For e-books I'm using BookBaby (again, at least partly, because of those getting paid and tax considerations that effect those of us that don't live within the U.S.), and once again there are fees involved in sending through updates.

For the additional, intangible, but potentially more significant, cost that effects us all, even those in the U.S., I can only reiterate what I said in the post you quoted: "that doesn't do anything for any bad rap you get for getting it wrong in the first place".
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote