View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #97
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
Hm. There are books I reread often, like several of LM Bujolds books, CJ Cherryh, Lee&Miller, Modesitt, because I find new angles and depths and connections in them every time. Then there's those I start to read but realize I've read them before and they're not good enough to reread. Then of course there are the books I never finish, can't reread those!

Finally there's the smallest group of all, those that are "read-once, rememeber-forever", Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay for instance. They made such an impression the first time through that I only need see the cover to remember the plot and the pain and the despair and the tragedy and the beauty, so I never need reread those, it'd be too exhausting emotionally.
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote