View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgurt View Post
I want to know if the Kindle ebook software is enhanced on the Fire, or if its exactly the same as using the Kindle for Android reading software on other devices?
I haven't used the Android Kindle app but I assume it's the same as the iOS Kindle app. The experience is very similar, but the Fire is just a little better. The Fire has eight font choices (vs one on the iOS Kindle app) and I think also has more font sizes. That's something that might come to the app though.

Quote:
Also, does reading Ebooks have a more "native" and "integrated" reading experience on the Fire, rather than feeling like im opening a special application for Ebooks (ie the Kindle for Android app on other devices)
It feels more integrated in two ways; first on the home screen, where recently read or downloaded books appear in line with other recently used applications or documents. It's actually kinda nice, especially if you're switching between a few different books at a time.

Where it feels most integrated though is the connection to the Amazon book store. It's a really great Store experience, and it's really easy to browse for books, see similar books to the one you're reading, etc. Overall I'd say this is my favorite part of the Fire reading experience. Now once again, I come from the iOS world where Apple didn't let Amazon integrate their app with the store, so that may be something the Android Kindle app already had, but it's certainly welcome to me.

Quote:
Thirdly, does the Kindle Fire ebook reading software have all the same features as the Kindle Touch ebook reading software, including the "x-ray" feature?
As far as I can tell, there is no X-Ray on the Fire. Maybe it's only a feature with some books, but I can't find any reference to it in the menu or pop-up menu on the reader app. You can still look up definitions, get the wikipedia entry on a word, etc but no X-Ray.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote