Thread: PRS-650 Questions to Prs+ users
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Questions to Prs+ users

I am tempted to install Prs+ on my 650. I'm technically capable so I'm not looking for in depth installation instructions. Rather, I have some questions about safety and functionality.

1. Is it safe? By that, I mean can it brick the reader? I see that prs+ now has it's own installer, so I need not install a separate flasher.

2. Is it simple to uninstall prs+ and get back to vanilla Sony firmware? I read somewhere that not having upgraded to the latest Sony firmware I can simply install the latest vanilla firmware to remove prs+. Indeed, I believe prs+ doesn't work with the latest firmware.

2. Does it improve font functionality? I use custom fonts by adding them to the reader and incl. css code via Calibre. Will prs+ make this easier and / or add functionality?

3. Key shortcuts. Navigating the Sony interface is sometimes rather long. At times I want a back button. Does prs+ do this? Does it work well?

4. Book history. Does it show a list of recently read books? I guess so.

I'd also be interested to hear about your general experiences with prs+ and if you think it was worth installing. I know it's still an alpha so it might be best to wait for the beta, though it sounds pretty simple and safe already, hence the temptation to install...
Thanks!
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote