View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Smile Dingo 1.0 – Everything’s changed! I can’t find anything! Please help!

Dingo has a number of changes to the UI. Depending on what you used, you may have to look elsewhere for it. Review the Release Notes for some initial clues (note that http://www.entourageedge.com/support..._Final_826.pdf has screenshots of some of the new features, including some of the things I point out below). For a video guide to the new features (including using the Reader and Journal), watch the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...72C68AB89D108B.

Here’s some that I found after looking for them:

1. On the eReader, double-tapping the Camera icon doesn’t display the whole page on the LCD. Instead, tap the Camera icon once, then tap once anywhere on the eInk side.

2. Can’t figure out how to toggle Annotate mode? Use the “Tools “Menu at the bottom of the eInk side and tap the “Annotate menu item.

3. Don’t see the tool bar at the top of the eInk side? Tap the circle in the top left corner of the eInk side. Most functions appear in the “Menu at the bottom of the eInk side now, though.

4. Where’s the “Store? You’ll find it in the Applications list now. Alternatively, tap “Library application and then “Library at the top left of the LCD screen and pick “Store from the dropdown list.

5. How do I go to the “App store? Go to the “Store (see above)

6. Where’d the “Lock and “Wireless functions go? The “Lock function has been added to the “Power Control desktop widget (far right). Alternatively, you can use the "Lock Screen" application or create a shortcut to it on your desktop. For “Wireless (wifi, Bluetooth, VPN, etc.), press the “Menu button, then “Settings then “Network Controls.

7. When I press the “Switch button on the eInk side, nothing happens. The Reader and Journal no longer automatically start when you boot up the eDGe. To read a book, tap the “Reader app icon on the LCD side. To write a Journal, tap the “Journal app icon. The “Switch button now works like ALT-TAB on a PC – it cycles through the apps you have running on the eInk side. If you press and hold the button, the eInk wallpaper is displayed instead (great for privacy, or if your boss is snooping )

Last edited by borisb; 09-02-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added more info on "Lock" function