View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Prior to getting my ereaders, I had not purchased a novel in more than 10 years. My public library had a great selection of current novels, and I picked up most of my reading from the new arrivals shelf. If I wanted a book they didn't have, I had them get it for me via interlibrary loan, and they were able to get absolutely any book for me, often from several states away. I didn't want to buy books, not so much for the price, but for the clutter.

Since getting my ereaders, I am rather appalled to say that I have purchased hundreds of novels. A large number of those come from the "other customers who bought this also bought these," where I start by looking up one book and finding 6 more that interest me. It's not traditional browsing, but it is browsing nevertheless. I doubt I am the only one who gets caught up by the ease of shopping on Amazon.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote