View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I can see that this applies to re-use of the trademark in a new work. I can't see that it would apply to republishing, without amendment, an out-of-copyright work containing or titled with the trademark.

I wonder if there's any case law on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Ahhh, not quite true, depends on what you intend to do. Some public domain novels still are protected by trademark, which means the commercial use still needs a licence from the holder of rights.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-04-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: whoops - can/can't typo now fixed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote