View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #44
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Now the sad thing about that is, the book is written by an Australian author, printed and published in Australia, and we bought it for half the price after it was printed, boxed, shipped to the UK, mark up added, and shipped back to us in Australia, than we could from anyone in Australia.....and all they had to do was ship it from NSW and not to and from one end of the world.

Import restrictions may be a reasonable excuse for some sellers and to an extent it probably holds some truth, but I still maintain that by living in the lucky country retail outlets feel they have the right to price gouge. Now don't get me started on DVDs that are one week selling for $34.95, then $14.95 on sale the next week only to go back up to $34.95 after the sale.
I have had a similar experience, but with Geographic Restrictions.

Graham Sharp Paul is an Aussie SF author, ex RAN. His publisher is Random House. I could not buy the ebook version of his Helfort series with out going through a serious amount of sneakiness. Darknet was not an issue, but wanting to buy a copy so he got a little money from me. Well, in the end he got paid, but the effort was long and arduous.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote