View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #21576
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Nah. The closest thing they had to an infestation of granddaddy long leg spiders was a plague of gnats (Ex. 8:12–15), or some kind of biting bug. The Hebrew isn't clear to modern readers. I've never known anyone to be bitten by one of those spiders. They're so flimsy, clumsy, and stupid that I wonder how they manage to survive.
I remember as a kid at summer camp, we used to put pieces of adhesive tape on the walls next to the head of our beds at night, and in the morning there would always be several of them stuck to the tape. In my brain I know that these aren't nasty critters, but when I see those looooooong legs they just freak me out. I wonder why I don't get that same feeling when I see Sharon Stone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Surely it couldn't have been very painful.
There are no degrees of pain. Sensation is either comfortable or intolerable. People often talk about something they call their 'pain threshold.' Mine is called a 'discomfort index.' I used to ask for general anesthesia when I got hair cuts. It's one of the reasons I grew a full beard...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote