View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #723
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi23 View Post
Also, i could modify the custom u-boot again in order to load some data in memory, but i don't know exactly how should i do this, or what data should i load.
As you can access U-Boot through serial, you can try loadb command:
  • build bist U-boot (i.e. without TYPE=prod), but I think you should make clean beforehand if you've built ordinary U-Boot in the same directory previously
  • comment all mmc-related calls in function do_bist at file common/cmd_boot.c
  • add #define CONFIG_CMD_LOADB to include/configs/imx50_yoshi.h
  • build ordinary U-Boot (i.e. with TYPE=prod), but again don't forget make clean beforehand
  • load ordinary U-Boot and in serial console load bist U-Boot into memory with command loadb 0x79800000 (0x79800000 is the value of CONFIG_BISTADDR define)
  • issue command bist to run bist U-Boot loaded into memory (or bist fastboot to load straight into fastboot mode)
Again, I didn't try it, I've just read sources and googled a bit.

Last edited by eureka; 10-19-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: add link to howto about loadb command
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote