View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
I like the FONT CHOICE, seems alright - though my very large Jung - Red Book pdf forces K3 to restart.

Other formats work too....I will try again just before work - I have another pdf Nietzsche And Economy which I will try again later. But I like it, though it does not like my Jung book which the K3 can read.

Though my Sony reader cannot read it, I had to convert it to text for my Sony READER to read it.
You can use k2pdfopt.

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144711

I usually use it for cutting the borders of scanned pdf's and printing them in landscape mode with its wrap("reflow") function turned off i.e for original layout in scanned pdf.

If there is need for highlighting and search in k2pdfopt file, we should do quick OCR afterwards in Adobe Acrobat, Abbyy Finereader etc.

Beside k2pdfopt we can also accomplish similar or even better results by cropping firstly in Scan Tailor (takes about 20 minutes to crop tiff or jpeg images at exactly the text size, for average book) and then printing in Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Viewer in Tile Mode(Poster mode) at 120x85 mm (landscape dimension of 6" readers) or even again in k2pdfopt if there were some problems with borders that k2pdfopt wouldn't solve as precise or as quickly as Scan Tailor.

For Scantaylor we should first export Pdf to Tiff, Png or Jpeg though, using Adobe Acrobat or any other application.

We can also use Briss or Pdf Scissors instead of Scan Tailor for quick cropping if we don't need extreme precision at cropping the borders around text on each and every page for maximum letter size in landscape mode.

Last edited by markom; 09-21-2012 at 01:37 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote