View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The new Calibre version played just fine with my updated Vox.

OK, so:
  • I connected my Vox via the USB port on my computer.
  • I turned on the Vox and pressed the USB storage button
  • My Windows 7 computer installed a driver for the Vox
  • I opened Calibre
  • Calibre recognized the device as an Android Phone
  • I Succesfully sent a book from the Calibre library to the device--it did not give me a choice between micro SD card and main memory. I did though send it to main memory just fine.
  • I turned off USB storage, which safely disconnected the Vox from my computer
  • I opened Aldiko (the program I use for non-kepub books) and went to the home screen
  • I pressed SD Card icon
  • I pressed the ebooks button
  • I then pressed the import button and chose my book, which opened in Aldiko

As an alternative, you can add your book to Adobe ADE (yes, without adding DRM) and authorize your Vox running Aldiko from there--you can then drag and drop.

You can also easily import books into the Kobo app.
  • Open the Kobo app
  • Press the middle hardware button (looks like lines on a page)
  • Press Import Content
  • Choose the books you want to import, and let the fun begin

Wow, that is so much easier, i might just read regular ePUB books using the Kobo app.

Last edited by taming; 06-22-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote