View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag View Post
This conference is for publishers who're not quite sure what their ebook strategy should be and who fear getting left behind if they don't 'get into' digital publishing right now. O'Reilly Media is one of the few publishing industry orgs that have a well-defined ebook strategy, and the conference is simply O'Reilly's way of making money off of other people's ignorance and insecurities. The conference isn't meant for ebook users, and the discussions are not likely to be useful or enlightening for the average MobileRead visitor except for the odd tidbit about O'Reilly's digital sales figures. O'Reilly's ebook strategies don't translate well to mainstream publishing and other technical publishers (Packt, Manning) already seem to be doing well selling ebooks. So I'm not sure if the conference is really worth $1600 to anyone. But fear has always played a big role in parting people from their money, and I'm sure this conference will be no different.
Oh, I know it's not worth $1600. I tried to get a press pass and was rebuffed.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote