View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Garrett View Post
I generally don't use chapter titles. Which is not to say that I'm against the practice, as there are situation where it can enhance the tension/drama/anticipation, but I kinda feel like it's tends to get dangerously close to "giving away the plot in advance," which would be served as coming through in the natural flow of the story rather than having a chapter title tell me about what I'm getting ready to read.

Just my own thoughts on it, feel free to completely disregard what I think!
One of my early-readers warned that a particular chapter title was giving away too much, but another told me the title was wrong because it wasn't what happened (it was, just not in the way they expected). You can't please everyone.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote