View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Why don't ebook reader covers work?

I hate waste.

I was looking for a really nice cover for a new Kindle Paperwhite. I found beautiful ones that were not so cheap and cheap ones that were not so nice but they all had one flaw--they didn't accomplish the purpose they were intended for.

A book cover is supposed to cover the book! I can't be the only one who noticed that. It's in the actual name of the product. But even in the images meant to sell them most wouldn't stay shut without wrapping a strap around them. The beautiful ones were not so pretty tied up like that and the cheap ones looked extra cheap.

Why? Book covers are a two century old technology! At least! You have to put a spine on it to get the cover to close and stay shut! What's the hangup?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote