View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #153
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
If my preferences are all set to 10pt, I assume Quality Check will flag any epubs with an @page other than 10pt.
And probably also flag any epub with any margins in a body statement.
But will it also flag epubs without any @page or body statements? Such as Calibre generated epubs?
The way it works for the moment (just got my first cut working) is it only looks at the css files that have @page or body set in the css with margins. I forgot about the fact that an ePub without any @page or body statements should also return True unless all the prefs are also zero.

Do you think that @page or body defined inside the xhtml should be a separate check from the css check?

Once I get all the css based stuff working to my satisfaction I'll move on to looking at styles inside the xhtml flows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Supposedly that can all be done in the css like this ...

Code:
@page flow1 {....}
@page flow2 {....}

.txt_flow1 { page: flow1 }
.txt_flow2 { page: flow2 }
but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it didn't always work, or work as desired
I've got no idea on this stuff, keep hoping an expert on these nuances will chime in. Does .txt_flow1 need to go into the xhtml somewhere, and are you saying that the epub renderer knows which flow is flow1 vs. flow2 based on the manifest?
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote