View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #21745
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
DIY Washing Machine Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well ... I got home from work today

The good news - I got the software update loaded before the storms hit!

The bad news - the washing machine is broken - just finished bailing out a full tub of water. Appears the lid switch is broken - it fills but won't run - and there's no "click" when you push down on the switch. Oh well ... there goes the Christmas bonus check ....
I had that problem, too. I managed to take the top off and find the switch. It had come loose from its mounting once before; the tech idiot had taped it in place with plastic electrical tape, which eventually stretched, releasing the switch once again. So I dug out my nylon tie-wraps to fasten it back, and I haven't had any problems since.
The hardest part was working in a room not much larger than the washer and dryer.
Be brave, and don't forget to unplug the washer.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote