View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #331
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
In theory, yes, they could become larger. That is probably part of the reason why Apple increased the cellular data download limit from 20MB to 50MB. It does also depend on how the images are drawn. You can programatically draw things, meaning it is done in code, rather than with a png / jpeg file, and that will not have the same size differential, code will be smaller.

Trying to rewrite your complete app to do this is not a small undertaking however.
There was a cellular download limit?!

Ah so code will be smaller compared to if they added separate resources but still larger than it was previous to the retina support due to the extra coding involved. I guess that's as good as reason for people to get the next larger memory sized iPad. :P

I hear there are a few complaints regarding the new iPad that are 'fairly' insignificant relative to other tablets on the market. (e.g. Higher heat output, weaker Wifi from previous models, slightly thicker and heavier) However 2 seem kinda major. 1)4G ONLY in US and Canada (I'm going to guess only the Wifi will sell well in other countries) 2)No Siri which seemed to be strongly expected (I guess it's inconsequential if you think of it as just a novelty though).

Also that trademark lawsuit in China over the iPad name seems to be iffy as to who will prevail.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote