View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNutt View Post
Andy, can you elaborate on the moral dilemma of converting books you already own? Why would that be morally objectionable?

As for the legal ramifications for converting a book you already own for your personal use, I've never seen a case where someone was successfully prosecuted for this. Converting a book you own is not at all the same thing as stealing that book. If someone doesn't want to have to bother with converting a book, I can understand that. But being afraid to convert or morally opposed to converting puzzles me.
I'm referring only to EPUB books borrowed from the public library.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote