View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm looking at the Asus 1000HE. Are there others from other brands anyone knows of that I should be looking at that are similar? MSI, Dell???
I was originally going to get an MSI Wind, but then I looked into battery life and the dimensions with and without battery installed, and the ASUS came out on top.

I bought the 2G RAM module for maybe $30 and installed it today. It is extremely easy to install the additional RAM, and it is my understanding that, while the MSI and ACER netbooks will take an additional gig of RAM, you actually void your warranty if you open the unit to install it.

I've run into warranty provisions before like that (most notably from Sony), and I think they are just plain nuts.

As far as I could tell, that does not appear to be the case with ASUS, and the additional RAM is blindingly easy to install. It took me less than 30 seconds.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote