Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Well, there are a number of things that I think would be done better if the program didn't have to pay attention to the needs of the conversion and device management; not enough attention is paid to indexing by format, for example, and personally I want to have an index that will actually tell me the full path and file name to each of my ebooks, or to gather them into a single place, much like iTunes does.

As I said before, Calibre is a very useful program that I will continue to use (even though it doesn't work properly on my mac, and tends to corrupt the prs-505 sometimes), but this is a different program with a different focus.
Feel free to write you own program, I'm just curious as to what features you think are missing.

calibre does gather all your books into a single place (a database in versions <= 0.4.83 and a user specified folder in higher versions). Not sure what you mean by indexing by format. You can filter the list of books by format, what else do you want to do?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote