View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
From the article: I assume "Kindle" means MOBI, and I take away two points a) the Kindle has drawn publlshers attention to ebooks and b) old formats like MOBI are holding back wider adoption in genres that require more than text. I think ePub would meet the needs of these publishers if widely adopted, although a 6" screen and a lack of color may also be impediments (e.g. to magazine publishing). I don't know if it is actually the format or how it is used, for example I don't know how good a job MobiPocket could do translating ePub into MOBI if they really tried.
You know, everyone raves about ePub... but to me, ePub seems to be a content container rather than a screen layout standard. So, isn't it possible two readers could render the same ePub file differently (a la HTML before there were specific standards)?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote