View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
Fuzzy Llama
Fuzzy Llama began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisbrion View Post
I've read that in-store customers will be able to use WiFi, outside 3G. Does anybody know if WiFi would also work outside the stores? Or users are allow to use only BN Store's WiFi and not other networks? Want to use it in Europe...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/:
Q. Can I use my nook while traveling abroad?
X Yes, when you travel abroad, you can read any files that are already on your nook. You can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots that do not use proxy security settings, such those commonly used in hotels, and download eBooks and subscriptions already in your online digital library. You cannot, however, purchase additional eBooks and subscriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisbrion View Post
To eventually buy books from work, home or a coffee shop with WiFi without connecting the thing?
For book shopping 3G is more than enough. And you don't have to search for the networks, type in passwords etc. - you just power the device on and boom - you can shop.

To me wifi in eBook reader would be great just for browsing the net when you don't have your laptop with you. With the screen size it would be more convenient than using the smartphone.
Fuzzy Llama is offline   Reply With Quote