View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_dunlop View Post
To launch the device internationally you need relationships with publishers (shouldn't be a problem for B&N) and local 3g which is probably negotiated/handled by AT&T rather than B&N themselves. So I hope things aren't that grim.
Why? Maybe I already have a 3G subscription with my own mobile provider. Maybe I only want to use WiFi/USB.
Maybe I already have about a hundred books (already bought/free) that I want to read on it. Maybe I don't want to use their store anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Llama View Post
Well, the lack of the international support is a big disappointment for me as well. The nook seems like the best device available up to date. It's a pity that there isn't even support for international characters - we live in the Unicode world for crying out loud.

As for the 3G support - really, I'm very gratefull that they want to solve everything for me but why don't they just give me the device with an empty SIM card slot? I assure you, I can really figure out myself what kind of service I need.

And on the related note - no Web browser in the Android device? So who needs WiFi support then?
Hmm, good question about the WiFi...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote