View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #51
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
Pleased to tell you!

Now about readability. The screen background color seems to me to be identical on both Readers. However, I found a small but noticeable difference in the clarity of the 300 font over the 505 font. This difference virtually disappears in bright light, but it appears to me that it might be due to be due to a very slight difference in the size of the respective fonts. I tried to measure the difference, but I can't absolutely say that they are different. It could be that the 300's eInk is a teeny bit darker, or the resolution the font a little bit tighter.

There should be a difference in the PRS-300's favor because the 5" readers has a resolution of 200 dpi (ppi), and the 6" readers has 166 dpi (ppi). (The resolution in pixels are the same for both models at 600 x 800).
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote