View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #26
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
As I've pointed out several times, though the statement that to remove DRM is illegal in some countries has been repeated often no one has been able to cite a case where anyone has been prosecuted, or any case law.

Xenophon has posted about this subject several times, and to the best of my recollection has a legal background. If I remember his comments correctly even the lawyers hold wildly different opinions.

So the opinion that it is perfectly legal to remove DRM is just as valid as the opinion that it is illegal to do so.

Regards, Alex
In a lot of countries it's not even sure if it's legal or not... But that was not the point I was trying to make:

Quote:
Remove the DRM from your existing books (if its legal) and convert to epub and move forward.
I just wanted to say, remove it even if it's not legal if the DRM stops you from actually using the book.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote