View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
It is 3.04M - should be fine with most emails. In fact, I often find some epub files open more slowly than scanned pdfs on ereaders. I thought epub should work faster because it is a "true" ebook format. It may open faster from the second time on (?) but I haven't tried - the device appeared to be dead for a few minutes before the book opened for the first time. How can I send the file to you?

I don't need Kobo's "rewards" or "statistics" and I only have side-loaded books. I don't mind getting rid of the facebook icon as well. So I guess I am ready to edit the "user" . Where can I find a tutorial on that? Does this configuration affect downloading articles saved by Pocket and the wikipedia and google options inside a book?
Three MB is a large epub, I have made anthologies of 3 or 4 novels that were smaller. PM sent.

From an old post of tshering;
there are several explanations at this forum. I cannot find them myself right now. Anyway,
in order to initialize the reader without registering you can add a new line to the "user" table of the database. Fill in any fitting values. Depending on your reset firmware version, the number of values varies.
Example for FW 1.9.12:

Code:
INSERT INTO user VALUES ("0", "0", "0", "0", "0");Example for FW 2.5.0:

Code:
INSERT INTO user VALUES ("0", "0", "0", "0", "0", "0","false")

I think you use the SQLite Database Browser. Right? Open the database file "KoboReader.sqlite". Select "Browse Data" and choose the table "user". Look at line 1 and try to establish whether the values of one of the two examples might fit or whether you have to make some modifications. I guess the second example might be correct for the Mini. Choose Execute SQL, enter the command "INSERT INTO user VALUES ..." and press "Execute query".
I can only confirm that the values work for FW 1.9.12. I did not try it with more recent firmwares. If the reader does not accept your values, you can try replacing them by others (maybe the email address must look like an email address, e.g. name@xmail.com, or something like that).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tshering

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote