View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
But what will you use it for? As ficbot said, I can see one used for music, videos, and ebooks. maybe even web browsing if the connection speed is good. (The current tablets work fine in a WiFi environment, but I'm not too sure how they'll work on the cell network. As far as that goes, I'm not sure how well 3G works in real life-most of what I hear is that there are too many people trying to use it, overloading the bandwidth. Don't know in person-we just got 3G here a week ago.)

the problem with limiting them to music, etc. is that there are already cheaper devices that do that. The other area where a tablet excels is field use, e.g. checking delivery manifests, taking 'pre-defined' notes (e.g. selecting from a list of options, maybe with brief text entry). etc.

So I agree that there's a niche for them, I just don't think it's large enough to sell 'tens of millions'.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote