View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #49
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Disney ruined the market for it. We were raised expecting happy endings and sympathetic protagonists.
not me, i hate disney lol. i've never seen a disney film,even as a kid they never appealed to me.

i just dislike goody two shoes, especially in my fiction because they're simply not believable. a goody goody would get slaughtered the second he left his village. plus it seems like good always cheats, inevitably there will be a magic trinket that helps the 15 year old boy defeat the evil wizard who has been practicing his magic for centuries. a wizard who raises armies of the dead, rips open gates to other dimensions but is defeated by a kid. thats just cheating. take the ring away from frodo and see how far he gets.

i think i enjoy rougher fantasy like many of the titles mentioned because its simply more believable. a battle scarred veteran or assassin has a legitimate chance of defeating the bad guy. they're on more even terms.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote