View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
I have not tried it but some say it works

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=19

Tim
But, that breaks the way ADE is supposed to handle embedded fonts and the way the publishers do it is not wrong. They have the fonts in a fonts directory that is in the OPS or OEBPS directory. So yes, it is broken and it is a bug. I did bring some books with me on an SD card that have properly embedded fonts and they do not display. This is a serious bug. I even tried Zelda's copy of the ePub of Three Men in a Boat and the fonts failed to display. Just got whatever default font was currently selected.

So if you have to have the fonts in the root of the ePub for it to work, then it's broken and badly broken and heads should roll.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote